There’s a new social media in town, and if you haven’t yet had the chance to experience it, you may not be aware of what it is, what it can do, and why you should be using it. The site is Threads, Instagram’s “rival to Twitter.”
What are Threads?
Threads are “short pieces of text, links, photos, videos, or any combination of them” that you share with those who follow you. Threads can be used to share any content you would like in a way that sparks a conversation, opening the door up to an online discussion through likes, shares, reposts, and replies.
How to Use Threads
As mentioned above, Thread users can share all types of content, including:
Image-related content, such as videos or GIFs, can run up to five minutes on the site. Those who are using text-only to share what’s on their minds can do so in up to 500 characters. While that may not seem like a lot of room, the idea of threads is to start a conversation instead of sharing long-form ideas. It’s a place for collaboration amongst like-minded individuals.
What’s the Difference Between Instagram and Threads?
While Meta (formerly Facebook Inc.) owns both Instagram and Threads, the two sites differ. There are several key differences, including:
- Focusing on Close Connections: Threads aims to cater to a more intimate following, allowing users to cultivate deeper online relationships through meaningful interactions with smaller users.
- Automatic Status Updates: Threads allow users to set up automated status updates throughout the day, giving you the chance to set and forget the content you wish to put out on the site.
- Camera Access: While Instagram and Threads both have access to a camera, through Threads, people can do so without having to take any unnecessary steps to edit or change photos. The app allows people to un-filter their lives and share things from behind a more real lens.
- Simplicity: Threads have no option for sharing stories or visiting explore pages. This offers a streamlined user experience with faster navigation through the content. This interface brings back the basics in a world with a constant barrage of content.
- More Privacy: While Instagram allows people to opt for private profiles, the importance of sharing with only a select few is much more prominent on Threads. Users have more control over who can see and interact with their content through customizable preferences. This helps to achieve the intimate online environment Threads is aiming for.
Simply put, the user experience is more fundamental and intimate than any other site out there right now.
Why You Should be Using Threads
Threads is an excellent tool for business endeavours because it removes the barrage of content from the front and center and allows users to connect more intimately. The site’s networking opportunities open the doors to connect with more clients or potential clients because you create your following by allowing or disallowing others to interact with your content.
You can connect with others in your industry, opening the door for effective collaboration, sharing insights, and keeping up with trends. It also allows business owners to:
- Provide instant support to clients through open dialogue
- Share visual and text-based content from your Instagram account
- Communicate with others in a way that translates into more meaningful business connections
- Allowing for an unmatched level of privacy and security for your business
Since Threads is new to the scene, it can take time to learn how to navigate it. If you wish to get started on Threads but don’t know how, contact us today! We can help you get your profile started so you can take advantage of everything Threads offers.