In today’s “content is king” world, not having a content strategy can hurt your company’s image and brand. You want to educate, inspire, and form relationships through the use of your content. A good content strategy will help your customers learn what you can do for them, build trust and build brand awareness. Consider your content strategy part of the roadmap to your company’s success.
nt strategy and the roadmap to your company’s success.
What does quality content look like?
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to what type of content you choose to use but whatever avenue you pick will need to have 4 specific traits to be considered quality content:
- Emotion. Emotion allows you to control how your content makes people feel. It attracts customers and engages them while building trust for your brand.
- Change. How are you changing people with your product or service? This gives you the ability to be approached by clients who have business needs that you can help them with.
- Alert. This content will help you build the privilege of being able to contact former clients again for new services. It’s designed to help consumers remember your brand and continue to engage with you.
- Share. You want the people who see your content to share it with others so that the visibility and authority of your business grow.
Creating a content calendar
Creating a content calendar will keep you on top of your content output and create an autonomous flow of quality content across your channels. There are 8 steps you need to take to create an effective content calendar:
Audit your social networks and content. This means becoming aware of what’s working, what’s not, and how you can change it for the better.
- Choose your social channels. You don’t need to be on every social media platform there is, but rather a few select ones that will work best for your business. The ones your customers or potential customers can be found on.
- Decide what needs to be tracked. This takes the guesswork out of choosing what to keep track of.
- Make a content library for your assets.
- Establish a workflow.
- Start crafting your posts.
- Invite colleagues to review. Getting solid feedback will help you improve where you need to and make note of your strongest approaches to content.
- Start publishing/scheduling content.
From here, you can also start building an email list that will serve as a tool you can use to drive traffic to your social media content.
Why does content strategy matter so much?
Without an effective content strategy, your posts can be inconsistent, can seem inauthentic, making your brand hard to see and clients will be less likely to call on you first for their business needs. A content strategy also drives connection. Your blog content is just one of the many content buckets you can pull from. You can take just one blog post and create 10-15 social media posts on varying platforms, which in turn will drive more people to your site. A proper strategy will ensure you are never struggling to create content monthly.
Creating consistent content is crucial, but without a strategy, even quality content can get lost in the woodwork. If creating strategies is not your forte then let us at The House Wren and Co. help you develop everything you need for a strong and effective content strategy. Book your 90-minute content strategy session today and walk away with a strategy you can implement right away! No more inconsistent content.